Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Neon Museum

As you've probably guessed, we're back from Vegas (baby). What an exhausting place...not to mention, a den of temptations for a pregnant woman (not the best place to be with child) but I made it through. The best thing we did was visit The Boneyard, an historic collection of un-restored neon signs, just past the end of the strip on Las Vegas Blvd. Appointments are necessary in order to take a tour but believe me, it's worth it. I suggest renting a car too. It's pretty far out there. Though you can take the bus, there are about 8 long blocks of walking (I think) past the closest bus stop. Apparently this forgotten (by tourists) section of Vegas is going to undergo a rejuvenation. In the near future, The Boneyard will be restoring some of their signs and placing them on the median near the museum. For now, I have to say, I really enjoyed the "rustic" quality of what they have, though I'm sure lighting some of those babies up will really bring them back to life. Michael took some great shots of The Boneyard.

No comments: