Friday, January 4, 2008

Loading a Dishwasher - Martha Style


OK, there are some people who are going to be able to relate to this and some who are going to think I'm totally insane. I can't say how many times I've opening a dishwasher and had the dishes still be dirty because they weren't loaded properly (large dishes blocking the water from smaller dishes etc). Now, thanks to Martha Stewart's "Dishwasher Strategy", we can all know the RIGHT way to load a dishwasher. (No offense Michael, you're wonderful and this is not aimed at you, I think I get this from my father).For instance, Martha recommends "staggering large plates with small ones, and put large cookware and pots and pans along the sides" and if "using a model with a basket, you should alternate your silverware pieces, one piece pointing up, the next down, etc." I don't know about you, but I feel a lot better now. Oh, and it looks like dishwasher in the photo I have posted here, is loaded completely WRONG. Shame on you! Read the "Dishwasher Strategy".

No comments: