Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hazel likes....today

Ice...yes, ice. She calls it ichy I don't know why (probably because she's 15 months old) but, she LOVES it. I think because it's hot (really hot) and because she's teething (really teething). I'd been giving her little ice chips by hand or spooning it to her from my glass in restaurants when we went out but last night I had the genius idea of putting some cubes in her Nuby Nibbler (which we never actually used with her). She happily chewed on the mesh bag and it gave me time to get her dinner ready. Why hadn't I thought of this before. Then she wanted more, because of course, the ice melted. I don't know why, but getting the top on the Nibbler isn't so easy for me. Does anyone else have this problem? It looks like it should screw on but it doesn't...I was getting really frustrated, and the ice kept melting. I kept having to put more ice in it and Hazel was watching me stand over the sink, water streaming down my arms and I got more and more annoyed with this stupid piece of idiotic baby equipment that I couldn't friggin get closed....sigh....now I remember why we never used it. Anyway, I finally got so frustrated that I pushed the top really hard and it snapped shut...ooooh! Duh! Drool....

No comments: