Friday, May 25, 2007

Leavin' on a jet plane

Tomorrow we leave for Portland, OR and Seattle, WA. I am so excited. I lived there for a few years and co-managed the NW Portland Intl Hostel. That's the hostel on the left. It's now a group lodging center but it's right next door to the building that is now the hostel. We'll also be visiting the Seaside hostel which used to be owned by the same person (Jim Kennett, a great guy), and taking a day trip to Cannon Beach. Then it's on to Seattle and then back to Portland. I can't wait to revisit all of my old haunts. Typhoon! for Miang Kum which I've never seen anywhere else, Nob Hill and the Pearl District. Portland is the best place for buying vintage stuff, I love the stuff.

I don't know how much access I'll have to computers over our vacation (the less contact the better probably) so this may be the last entry for a while. Enjoy the long weekend!

No comments: